Help

BusyBoard

Game for Math

>

Teacherbee_4

Game for Math
Old 10-07-2020, 03:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We are working on word problems in math. I have done a lot of different things, such as numberless word problems, graphic organizers, problem solving steps/strategies, etc. Tomorrow, I wanted to play a game with a variety of word problems, so they can work in groups and talk through things. I was thinking of Jeopardy, but if I did that, I think I'd have to make the categories random, because I don't want to give away the operations or if it's single step or multi-step; I want them to figure it out. Any other ideas of games I could do? Thanks!

Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

ConnieWI

Jeopardy
Old 10-08-2020, 02:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What about making the Jeopardy categories topics like ocean, rain forest, mountains, dogs, etc.? Within each topic, you could write a variety of problems with different operations. Students would know the topic, but not the operation from the headings.

For example, if the topic was dogs, you could write single step or multi-step addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems having to do with dogs.
ConnieWI is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Love it!
Old 10-08-2020, 01:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks! I love it! That would have been great! I ended up just having them work in teams and the first team to solve it won a point. Pretty lame, but they had fun!
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote