Help

BusyBoard

I'm pretty sure this is it for me!

>

mom23kids

I'm pretty sure this is it for me!
Old 10-10-2020, 05:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My school closed Tuesday because of Covid numbers rising in the zip code (not my school...altho who knows, no one was tested!) We're all doing remote teaching. I suck at technology. I had to pay a young girl to come and tutor me in some things I can't do . My AP wanted to visit my virtual classroom yesterday but there was something wrong and the child couldn't get on. Eventually I somehow managed to fix it. I could never do it again, cause I don't even know what I did. AP did come and that all worked out. I'd be so stressed over this long weekend if I thought she was coming on Tuesday. Glad I got that over with. Way too many demands from admin. WAY. TOO. MANY!!! They're stressing us teachers out with rigor and all those other "buzzwords" My on the computer teaching kids is rigorous enough! Now with our NY retro pay that we were supposed to get in the next check. Did you hear they took that away from us? So many people upped their TDA and now their checks will be under 1000 dol. Well, thankfully I'm not in that situation but I do feel for them. We are getting half end of Oct and the rest next July. It's 10 years overdue. We're talking 10,000dol or more. UGH>.. Well, this is just a vent. Oh, and we had our spring break taken away in April too with no pay for working. We are not respected as teachers at all. Blah blah, blah....Have a nice day everyone, it's really nice out today!:

mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

Sorry to hear this
Old 10-10-2020, 06:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Covid really has messed with peoples lives.
tctrojan is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 10-10-2020, 11:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Someone else posted about you guys not getting paid. I want to know what bureaucrat said, “Hey, let’s just not pay the teachers the 6 years of back pay we owe them,” and what made the other people in the room say, “Hey, that’s a great idea,”. This is the only profession where they would be acceptable. I think the fact that news outlets haven’t picked it up says everything.

They do it because we tolerate it.

(((Hugs))). I’m so sorry.
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote