Help

BusyBoard

Book Conference organization

>

Teacherbee_4

Book Conference organization
Old 10-12-2020, 01:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have book conferencing with my students during independent reading time. I have a rubric I use and then I take notes the back of the rubric, too. I bought a binder to place these in, so I can reference each person. I'm wondering does it make more sentence to put all of one students' rubrics together in the binder, so all of student A's is together, all of Student B's, etc. Or does it make more sense to have the sheets for each round I do? I meet with all the students once and then start a new round. Part of me thinks it would be easier to have them all together if I wanted to reference old conversations, but I also record these in the grade book, so having them by the current round and then past round seems to make it easier to record in the grade book. Thoughts? If I do it by student, I thought I could put tabs/dividers by student, so it's easy to find, but that seems like a lot.

Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 10-12-2020, 02:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think I would organize by student. I would keep a page in the front to record their score on for ease when transferring to gradebook.

Hope what I'm saying makes sense.

If you prefer to keep it by conference round I'd use some colored paper system and the students would be alphabetical.
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 10-12-2020, 05:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I used number file dividers so I could use them over each year. I would definitely file by student. Maybe don't file them away until you record them in your grade book.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 10-12-2020, 06:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Just came up with a new suggestion...keep then in the front until they are in the grade book and then file them by student for future reference.

And how could I forget using numbers. Every kid in every class I ever had was assigned a number. Allowed me to use things several years.
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote