Help

BusyBoard

Glow Party

>

jo

Glow Party
Old 10-19-2020, 03:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am thinking of having a glow party next week in the classroom. I have never had one before. What are some things I need, must have, activities to do, places to order etc. to carry this out. Appreciate all help and ideas. Thanks

jo is offline   Reply With Quote

giver1940

Don't personally have any ideas,
Old 10-19-2020, 03:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

but this site may give you some ideas.

https://www.glowpartyworld.com/scree...de/language/en
giver1940 is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Glow party
Old 10-19-2020, 06:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Never heard of one, so I clicked on Givers link. Looks like fun! But, can you get your room dark enough?
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

jeffie

Old 10-19-2020, 10:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Does this glow in the dark-like at night?
jeffie is offline   Reply With Quote

SDT

Old 10-19-2020, 12:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I always have enough black tablecloth’s from dollar tree to cover my windows. If you’re careful putting them off and taking them down, you’ll be able to reuse them. Do you want it really dark!

Not sure what age are kids are, but making glow-in-the-dark sensory bottles is always a hit with my crew. You can search Pinterest for glow in the dark and find lots of things. You can make your own lava lamps, glow in the dark drinks, and I think glow in the dark slime. We put glow sticks in balloons or clear beach balls and play ball games with them. we add an empty water bottles stuffed with a couple of glow sticks to make glow in the dark bowling. If your ball or balloon is small enough, you can also wrap twinkle lights around the rim of a basketball goal and play glow in the dark basketball. We use glow sticks as our manipulatives for counting and problem-solving in math. We have a special light box for the blind which we used to back light our book pages for literacy. We like painting on the surface of the lightbox as well as using glow-in-the-dark paint for art. We also like to use flashlights to play games like scavenger hunt and Simon says. We use this for language, following directions, and any content area. (“Spotlight something that starts with the letter B.” “Shine your light on the bulletin board. Find something that is living/non-living.” White numbers on the whiteboard. Have them use flashlights to locate the number you call out. ) We love lights-out activities in my room!

SDT is online now   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Cool Idea
Old 10-19-2020, 03:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Cool idea! I've never heard of one! I will have to check out these links! This could be a great reward for the kids!
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote