>

LoveMyNature

Covid
Old 10-24-2020, 09:21 AM

Has anyone here had covid?

LoveMyNature is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 10-24-2020, 09:33 AM

I think I did but it was in March when tests were hard to come by unless you had severe symptoms. I attended the funeral of a friends mother. Hugged her since I was one of the few friends able to attend. A short time later, she was diagnosed with Covid and ended up in the ICU. I cane down with Covid symptoms: cough, fever, etc. It lingered for weeks. I was like ďoh it wasnít badĒ but my daughter showed me a video of about a month later and I still didnít sound good. Timing, proximity to someone who was likely presymptomatic make me think I had it.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Not sure
Old 10-24-2020, 09:48 AM

Back in March when shut downs first started to happen, I had a horrible chest cold. I am prone to bronchitis, especially when I was younger, and while I have not had it as frequently as an adult, I do still get it. I was pretty sure it was bronchitis. I had no fever, no loss of taste, no muscle aches, etc., just a horrible chest cough, which did cause my chest to get sore at times and did make breathing hard at times. However, I felt like I normally did when I had bronchitis. After about 3-4 weeks of no improvement, I did a teledoc and the teledoc agreed it was most likely bronchitis and prescribed a Zpack. He told me he didn't think it was COVID, but if it didn't get away after the Zpack to make an appointment to get into a doctor. He said even then, he didn't think it was COVID, but that if it didn't go away after the Zpack, I had it long enough that I should go in and get a chest X-Ray. It did go away with the Zpack, so I thought it was Bronchitis. However, now months later, I still occasionally get a quick pain in my chest. It reminds me of people who still have lingering COVID symptoms months after recovering.
Teacherbee_4 is online now   Reply With Quote

hoppalong

Old 10-24-2020, 09:50 AM

Yes. I tested positive at the end of September. I was asymptomatic, but 3 of my friends/colleagues who also tested positive experienced headaches, severe body aches, cough/congestion, loss of taste and smell, and odd symptoms like rashes and intense, but brief pain in places like their necks, backs, and legs. They were also extremely tired. Even though they have been recovered for a few weeks, some of their symptoms are lingering.
hoppalong is offline   Reply With Quote

Quack!

Covid
Old 10-24-2020, 09:54 AM

My family had it at the end of August/beginning of September. The females in our household had relatively mild cases and that was with two of us having asthma. It was comparable to a 24 hour "flu" for me and a sinus infection/cold for my kids. My husband and father-in-law had a harder time. My husband is diabetic and my father-in-law had just gotten out of the hospital and was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. Now, my husband is normally a little whinier when he is sick compared to us, but with this he suffered a lot of exhaustion. His doctor did not feel he had it when he went to get tested. My father-in-law was also exhausted, but seemed to be worse. We monitored his oxygen levels and realized his levels were running in the high 80s. His doctor felt like his lungs were clear by listening to him, but let him have a chest xray to double check. It turns out he had a touch of pneumonia in his lungs. Once his z-pack kicked in, he improved greatly.

Quack! is offline   Reply With Quote

LoveMyNature

Thanks for responding
Old 10-24-2020, 02:34 PM

Someone who was in close proximity to our family without a mask just tested positive for covid. Why this person was out and about while waiting for test results is beyond me. We are now all quarantined and hoping none of us get it.
I had a lot of exhaustion the last two days, now Iím hoping it wasn't a sign of things to come.
LoveMyNature is offline   Reply With Quote

stella.ivey

yes
Old 10-24-2020, 03:40 PM

Our son (22) had it first. His syptoms were being really tired, stuffy nose. My DH and I most likely got it from him. DH is 59 and I am 57. Both of us are in really good shape (workout/run daily). I ran a low fever for 10 days and had zero energy. (like walking across the room was a big deal) I had no sense of taste or smell. My DH slept 20 or so hours a day for a week. He had a heightened sense of taste and smell. He also had a weird rash that made his skin look like "aligator skin." He thought he had a upper respiratory infection and was treated for that. He had a z-pack, steroid shot, and an inhaler.
I only had tylenol.
We all recovered easily. My husband still has a patch of really dry skin
stella.ivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Denney518

Denney518

covid
Old 10-28-2020, 09:09 PM

I was tested for covid on October 17th and got results I was positive last Wednesday the 21st. I had to stay out of work until the 25th.

But, I am at home with my 8 year old son who needs to isolate. Since its just the two of us and he's a mama's boy (still sleeps in my bed), it's been difficult.

Good news we can both return to school on November 9th!