Help

BusyBoard

P/T conferences by Zoom

>

vttraveler

P/T conferences by Zoom
Old 10-23-2020, 04:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We’re 100% in-person with our entire class 5 days a week. I know how fortunate we are that our low numbers permit this.
Our conferences were by Zoom, as we are not permitting parents into the building.
It was lovely to receive so many thank yous and messages of appreciation for all that I’m doing. Definitely something good that has come out of Covid.
And parents kept saying how happy their children are to be in school! We have many new families as people from other states have moved to Vermont. It’s been an extra challenge to have so many new students, so I’m pleased that they are feeling welcomed!

vttraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 10-23-2020, 06:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Sounds like great feedback! I'm glad you have had such great conferences and have gotten such wonderful responses from parents
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Glad it went well
Old 10-23-2020, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm glad it went well for you. I'm also glad that parents are appreciative and that the new students are feeling welcome.

We have conferences in a few weeks, through Google Meets. We also have a lot of new students. Ours are because the public schools are pretty much all virtual or hybrid, and we are 100% face to face, so many parents opted to enroll their children in our school for the face to face instruction. We'll see if these people stay once the public schools go back to in person and/or when this COVID stuff is over.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

VivianCP

Old 10-23-2020, 07:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

That affirmation is much needed in these difficult times. Glad you got it.

We are also in person & had conferences virtually a couple weeks ago and got the same responses. It really does make all the difference, just knowing they see & appreciate everything we are doing, especially all the extra stuff needed to stay open.
VivianCP is offline   Reply With Quote

k28

Old 10-25-2020, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We are getting ready for this next week.

What level do you teach?

Wondering if you contacted the parents beforehand. We are required to send narratives beforehand and then families can sign up.
How long were your conferences?
Did you share work samples via your screen or did you just make it a conversation?

Any advice for us?

k28 is offline   Reply With Quote

vttraveler

Old 10-25-2020, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I teach 3rd. We had 30 mins scheduled, but parents were told expect 25, so we had time in sign in out. I began by asking what their impressions were and we continued to speak of soc emotional. Then I went through diff subjects and gave them assessment results. My document camera broke the week before, so I held a couple things up to the camera Briefly. I had three or four who were using their phone, so they wouldn’t have been able to see anything even if I’d used a document camera. For the kids that are new to the school, I asked the parents to let me know if what I was seeing sounded accurate. I told them about group projects that we had done and ones that are planned. I recounted how we ate outdoors and had various classes outdoors. I always have the students do a self evaluation and set goals. I shared that and told them that I’d send home a copy.
vttraveler is offline   Reply With Quote