Help

BusyBoard

Accelerated Math for one student

>

Teacherbee_4

Accelerated Math for one student
Old 10-04-2020, 04:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Due to staffing shortages, COVID, etc. my one student who would normally go off to another room with another teacher/grade for math, will need to stay with me to do math. I have all of the materials for his grade level, but it will just be him and I will still be teaching my other students grade level content.

I had this student last year when he came into my room for math, and he always enjoyed the fun activities I did. I don't know how to do this with one person. If I had several, I could do a small group lesson with that group while my group was working on other things. However, since it's just him, he will have no one to interact with or play games with or things like that. I know I can make videos for him, have him create videos for me, do some individual problem solving things, give him games to take home, etc. but for the most part, I just don't know how to make this engaging for one person! Any ideas on how I can make it fun and engaging, not always have him in front of a screen, challenge him and meet his needs, not ignore him, all while still handling my regular class who is average/low average/low in math?

Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Garden Gal

Math
Old 10-05-2020, 06:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How about a project based experience, most are designed for groups but could be done by individuals? TPT has several here is one I found.
"Plan A Vacation Math Project Based Learning Math Elapsed Time PB"
Garden Gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Singvogel

Khan Academy?
Old 10-06-2020, 04:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You can set up a course in Khan Academy. The student could complete the course independently with check-ins and supplemental projects.

Given all the extra we're doing right now, I think using free resources is a way to go.
Singvogel is offline   Reply With Quote