Help

BusyBoard

Sub seeking advice about WEBEX

>

Sirsubalot

Sub seeking advice about WEBEX
Old 10-14-2020, 07:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

For many years, I ignored the pin clip tab on my AESOP job box since there was nothing ever there. I forgot it even existed.

This year, however, it is the primary way teachers give us their lesson plans. Since I am a tech dunce, I always try to check out the link the night before.

Today and yesterday I had my first two experiences with WEBEX. I get to class early so I can click on all the links that I need to share and have the tabs ready for sharing at the top of the screen. I do not know of a short cut, so I opened the PDF file on Aesop six times for six links.

Yesterday, I pressed on the " entire screen" link to share the tabs with the class, and it worked.

Today, in a 4th grade class, it did not. I was reading stories with the class, not knowing until I was finished that the students could only hear me, but not see my screen. None of the students said anything, because like a twit, I did not even think to check the volume, which was too low.

I was told by the school tech that the reason my sharing method worked yesterday, but not today was because yesterday I had a PC, but today I had a chromebook.

To my credit, I discovered the alternate method to share, which did work.

What was embarrassing is that it was assumed by the teacher that I knew how to share a google link with the class that was left on the PDF file in AESOP. A very astute 4th grader kept asking " Did you try to copy and paste the link in chat". I asked myself How the @#%^ do I do that?

Since it was a short day, I had the tech coach come in to show me after class, but when I tried it myself later, I could not remember how to do it. ARRH!

So, now with humility, could someone explain how to copy and paste a long google link from a PDF file to the chat so that all students can click on it?

Since I could click on the link from the PDF file, I thought maybe the students could just click on the same link I was sharing, but apparently it does not work that way.

Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

TexTeacher

Old 10-15-2020, 04:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Can you right click the link and choose copy and then go to the chat box and right click and choose paste?
TexTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Lilbitkm

Old 10-15-2020, 11:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I often put links in the chat for my kids to click on.

You just copy and paste like you would for anything on a computer...
Highlight it
Hold down ctrl+c
And then click in the chat box and hold down ctrl+v

(Right clicking as described above works too)

The students can not access what you’re sharing in order to click on anything.
Lilbitkm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 10-15-2020, 08:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I know this is a common sense function that 99.9% of computer users do without thinking about it since it is 2nd nature, but I never learned to do it in the 19 years I have been using a computer.

When I tried doing it on my own, the " copy" link was whited out and not available, so I got stuck.

I appreciate the input, and will try to practice doing this when time allows during breaks.
Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote