Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Out for 10 days....

>

Opal

Out for 10 days....
Old 10-24-2020, 05:03 AM

Direct contact with positive case in school. Anyone else have to do this yet? I'll be teaching virtually from home. I feel fine. Waiting for test results. I live in a rural school district in NW Wisconsin.

Opal is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Not me, but others
Old 10-24-2020, 05:38 AM

I have not yet, but so far this has happened with 2 cases at our school and those classes had to quarantine and the teachers teach from home. It has also happened with 2 other classes throughout our system. Were you required to get tested, or did you do it for your own peace of mind? Anyone in close contact at our school was not required to get tested, but they had to stay home and monitor their symptoms.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

hoppalong

Old 10-24-2020, 05:52 AM

There have been several teachers in my district who've had to quarantine. Rather than teach virtually from home, subs have taught their students. Great internet access in my part of WI is spotty, at best. So teaching "live" all day from home isn't feasible for many teachers.

Hope your test results come soon...waiting is so hard.
hoppalong is online now   Reply With Quote

Luvetc3

Old 10-24-2020, 06:51 AM

Positive case in class. No quarantine for any student or teacher due to mask use and distancing.
Luvetc3 is offline   Reply With Quote

rana712

Old 10-24-2020, 06:57 AM

We are preparing. 2 positive cases this week in our Middle School. (HS is virtual). We were asked to have a plan ready and get "just in case" materials packed for the kids. So.. on Friday I made a back and forth everyday bag with materials, in addition to their regular homework bag. I am making a "just in case" envelope with books and longer term math materials.

Our problem- we are down to one pallet of paper and have been asked to send out printing to our local BOCES. However- when we have a one day notice to get things ready... what are we supposed to do?

I am a "temporary" 4th grade teacher. I don't know the curriculum well, or what comes next. So it makes long term planning very difficult!

rana712 is online now   Reply With Quote

Zephie

Old 10-24-2020, 07:22 AM

We hadnonenpositive case at our school - staff member had complications and will be out most, if not all, of the year. 9 other staff and 8 kids were quarantined during that time. Teaching staff taught from home using zoom.
Zephie is offline   Reply With Quote

I teach K!

My entire team...
Old 10-24-2020, 09:07 AM

We had been working together outside at school with masks and shields on everyone as well as distancing. However since we had been within six feet several times they quarantined us all being extra
cautious. Luckily no one else tested positive or showed symptoms.
I teach K! is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 10-24-2020, 11:28 AM

We've had several quarantines, but none of the kids I work with directly were "patient 0" so I've never been quarantined. The annoying this is that they put us in cohorts and we were originally told the entire cohort would be in or out. My team spent FOREVER making special services schedules for both remote and in person settings. That's not how it's worked in practice at all.

I'm in the 1st-2nd grade cohort. Earlier this year, only 2nd grade was quarantined. It wasn't one of my kids, so I still had to go to school and see my 1st graders in person, and then make an entirely new schedule to fit in 2nd grade minutes via zoom (the classroom remote vs. in person schedules are different, so it's not possible for me to just follow the same schedule regardless of setting). Then halfway through that quarantine, the "presumptive positive" case finally agreed to go get tested, and turned out negative, so they came back.

Literally that same day, 1st grade got quarantined, but only one classroom. After the 2nd grade issue I thought I was being smart by making a schedule to have ready should we be in a situation where only 1st was quarantined. But I didn't plan for it only being one classroom, so I had to make yet another schedule to see kids from that class remotely while seeing all others in person.

That seems to be the norm now- we just heard of another quarantine in my building; thankfully an older grade so it doesn't impact me. But it's only one class in the grade level. I'm glad it's been none of my kids so far, because the most nightmare situation would be me being quarantined at home while the majority of my students are still at school in person. I see them in person, so we have no structures in place for me to suddenly start seeing them via zoom. I refuse to even dwell on it until it happens!
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ppcdteacher2

Ppcdteacher2

Old 10-25-2020, 02:18 PM

We have had several people at my school have to stay home, and a few classes are quarantined for 14 days.

BioAdoptMom3

Old 10-26-2020, 06:30 PM

I haven't had to do it yet, and I hope you are still feeling WELL!

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote