Help

BusyBoard

DL/ packets

>

maui

DL/ packets
Old 10-24-2020, 06:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

If youíre 100% doing DL- how often do you send materials/ packets home? Is it based on your choice or administratorís decision?

maui is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Every 2 weeks
Old 10-24-2020, 06:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We don't have an expectation of packets, but I know some teachers, especially the younger grades, want packets vs. distance learning. It sounds like they will be allowed to do it and the goal is to have a pick time at school every 2 weeks. However, we are face to face now, so it's not an issue. That's just part of our contingency plan.

I know when we did it in the spring, my teaching partner found that a lot of her kids preferred paper then online. She dropped materials off at students' houses a few times during the shut down. Another teacher e-mailed hard copies of things to families with printers.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 10-24-2020, 10:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We send them home once per week. Caregivers come to school to pick up the new materials and drop off finished work. I'm in K so we try to have as much hands-on work as possible - they are already on the screen too much as it is. We also send home materials for art projects, STEM projects, etc. Our K-2 sends home packets weekly, 3-6 every other week.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote