Help

BusyBoard

Fun Friday During Distant Learning

>

abc1234evr

Fun Friday During Distant Learning
Old 10-25-2020, 10:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

During this time of distant learning I am struggling to get children to turn in their work. I have talked to them, sent emails, called parents, and wrote it on the progress reports but there are still kids who don't get things done. I was thinking of putting aside a time on Fridays for those who have ALL of there work finished to give them a fun project to do. Any input or direction on where to go to get ideas for distant learning fun Friday would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!

abc1234evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Work completion?
Old 10-25-2020, 12:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm really not sure how this would work and how you'd have control over it. If you shared the assignment/activity with just those who are caught up, the ones who didn't do their work might not know much about it, which might not give them the incentive in the future. If you share it with everyone, who's to say the ones who don't do their work will stay participate?

When we did distance learning in the fall, I had pretty much 100% participation. One of the things I did was make a contest. Students earned points for different activities. I had a list of optional additional activities they could do get points (soduku, jigsaw puzzle, science, experiment, enrichment websites, etc.). However, even though we didn't give grades during distance learning in the spring, I graded assignments like I would if we were in school and added those scores to their total points. I had a spread sheet with the total points earned by each kid. Only I saw this spread sheet, but I usually let the kids know who was in the top 5 each week. At the end of distance learning, I bout a small Dairy Queen Gift card for the student in 1st place. The class was SUPER motivated by this. They knew there would be a prize for the winner, but they didn't know what the prize was. It worked really well for my class!
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote