Help

Kindergarten

ThinkCentral Help

>

newteacher401

ThinkCentral Help
Old 03-27-2020, 01:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello! I am a kindergarten teacher who is trying to think of ways to get material to my students while we are closed. I know you can make assignments on thinkcentral for your students, but I have not seen a way for students to write on the worksheets?

I am specifically asking about math, I am trying to assign our math pages like we would normally do in the classroom but as far as I can tell, they can't write on it at all! I don't see why they would even let us assign it! I am very frustrated with thinkcentral at this point.

I was planning on making videos of me doing the worksheets and they can do the worksheet on their own but I have not found a way of doing this!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

newteacher401 is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

Old 04-05-2020, 07:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We are using Seesaw.We use Go Math. Our students have some of their math books at home. I've been using some of the student book pages when I make my lesson videos. I take screenshots of the e-book pages, paste them into Google Slides. Crop and enlarge to fit the slides. Then upload to Seesaw as pdf file. I am able to record, draw/write on them. I can upload pdf file or save a Google Slide as a JPEG and upload the picture in the student template. Students can use the drawing tools (pen, marker or highlighter) to write responses or record audio responses.

I hope that helps.
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Youthcantknow

ThinkCentral
Old 04-06-2020, 04:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

For the amount of money that HMH makes from their programs, ThinkCentral is a massive disappointment. I had also hoped to have my third-grade students write on the pages like we do in class and that doesn't seem to be possible. Mine are doing the animated math models and the ISE Student View (which required me to check an extra box for them to access it). I like that they're seeing video lessons (esp. the ISE) but I'm still very disappointed in ThinkCentral. Our previous math program had a much better online version.
Youthcantknow is online now   Reply With Quote