High School

Geometry Teachers

>

musicmeg222

Geometry Teachers
Old 04-12-2020, 03:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everyone,

I am a special education teacher and will be teaching geometry at the high school level. I will co-teach some classes and help students in the resource classroom for other classes. I took geometry many years ago and don't remember everything. I need to refresh my memory and study the material again so that I can effectively teach and help students with this subject.

I currently have the Geometry for Dummies and 1001 Geometry Practice Problems for Dummies book and have already started looking at them. I'm starting from the very beginning and already feeling overwhelmed. I know I have the remainder of the school year and all summer to prepare, but I would like to start early. I was to be as prepared as possible.

I am keeping in contact with colleagues from the school and will ask about the use of a textbook. I'm assuming teachers will use a textbook to help teach geometry. I'm going to try and obtain this book as soon as possible.

Can anyone recommend textbooks, books, materials, websites, or other resources that I should use while reviewing geometry? What suggestions or tips do you have for me? Are there any do's and don'ts that I should know about? I randomly started thinking about homework assignments for students. Would homework be a good idea to allow students to practice the concepts and become more familiar with it? Let me know what you think!

musicmeg222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lakeside

free videos
Old 04-13-2020, 03:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I teach younger grades, but when my son was taking Geometry, Khan Academy was a lifesaver for me! It helped refresh those concepts I hadn't really used since my college math courses, so I could actually answer him when he asked me questions about his homework.

https://www.khanacademy.org/
Lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote

musicmeg222

Teaching High School Geometry
Old 05-09-2020, 12:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have been reviewing various concepts and topics within Geometry and realized how much I don't remember from this course.

There are so many helpful resources to use in studying and reviewing Geometry, but I'm just not sure how to start.

Should I start with the basics and review rays, lines, line segments, and the definitions of parallel, perpendicular, and congruent lines? I will be co-teaching a few Geometry classes and providing resource support for students. I need to be as prepared as possible and will use the entire summer, but I'm just not sure how to start.

Please provide recommendations, suggestions, tips, or resources to use. Thanks!
musicmeg222 is offline   Reply With Quote