Help

Kindergarten

Need EOY Idea

>

iteachk2010

Need EOY Idea
Old 05-21-2020, 03:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am looking for a fun idea for EOY. The students' last day is June 12th. I want to do something special or make something special to give closure to my students (and me) and acknowledge their kindergarten year. It will be three months since we have been in school together. It still feels so surreal-not being able to see our students to say goodbye.

iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 05-21-2020, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We've been talking a lot about this, trying to decide what to actually do!

We are going to start with some chit chat and then a story of some kind. Then sing happy birthday to all of our summer birthday kids. Last we are going to show a slide show, and we told them they can bring a treat to eat while they watch. It's usually pretty long but I cut it down to about 12 minutes this year. That's it - they only last about half an hour anyway.

One of the things we are doing at our second to last meeting is a complement circle, which we usually do quite a bit in the classroom. We decided we will have everyone wear a hat of some sort to the meeting. Then we'll start by giving a complement to one of the kids. When they have had a complement said about them they'll take off their hat, and then give a complement to someone that still has their hat on. We'll keep going until everyone has had something nice said about them. Hopefully it will work okay! If it goes really well we might do it once more at our last meeting.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

Old 05-21-2020, 08:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for sharing the idea. I like the complement circle. The kids love hats so that would be fun.

I just found free Farm Animal Riddles that I can share on the screen in tomorrow's Google Meet. If it goes over well, I might make a Guess the Classmate Riddles for the last day, too. (It is a self-checking Google Slideshow. You need to show it in Present Mode. You can tap on the megaphone for the clues to be read. They tell the animal. You click on that animal. If right, move on. If not, takes you back. It has pictures of 3 animals with each set of clues.)

Here is the link to the website where I found it if you want to check it out. Scroll down towards the bottom. Click on thebox that says Get Your Activity Here. You will have to make a copy of the Google Slides . Life Over Cs
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 05-22-2020, 04:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

That looks fun - thanks!
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote