Help

The VENT

This is just so hard on everyone

>

Sbkangas5

This is just so hard on everyone
Old 06-04-2020, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Yesterday was our last official kid day of school. Today we started planning for next year. We started with the worst case scenario, which would be full distance learning again. We met with our K-1 team together, which is 12 people. Half of us were in tears. Emotions are so high. This is just so hard on everybody right now! At least we are all in it together.

Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 06-04-2020, 04:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We can't even worry about it yet as our district will make any decisions and we will have to jump to follow them. I am really worried that we will have to do some sort of hybrid model and will have the 5 days before school starts to ready for it.

I am not personally going to spend my summer preparing for every option. I don't get paid for that.

It is overwhelming if you start thinking too much about it. Sorry that you guys are working through emotions. It really is hard to plan for the pretty much unknown.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

southernfried

kahluablast...
Old 06-04-2020, 07:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I totally feel you on not spending the summer worrying about fall. Every other year of teaching, that's been my M.O. I'm breaking with that this year and plan to spend the summer moving all my curriculum into a rock solid online course. I was already sort of halfway there with the way I was teaching (blended/flipped classroom), so it's not quite as daunting for me as it is for many.

I was fully into the planning-for-next-year headspace about 2 months ago, so I feel pretty confident that what I've planned to make this summer will be what I use no matter what in the fall. Whether we're full online, hybrid, or in-person, what I have mapped out will work for all scenarios. So I might as well go ahead and put in the hours it's going to take. In my case, it comes down to the fact that my husband is also a teacher and we have a 2.5 year old. So if I don't do this work now in bits and pieces during naptimes and such, I'll be spending every evening working instead of spending time with my daughter.

I'm viewing it more as re-allocating the inevitable work that must get done eventually to a time that's less stressful for me, not doing extra work I may or may not use down the line.

Certainly not saying I expect you to do the same. I don't think there's a right or good answer here. Just a whole lot of least-bad-options.
southernfried is offline   Reply With Quote

Teddi9192

Old 06-05-2020, 07:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

For my mental health, I have decided to not think about the fall until the last week of July/ First week of August. After asking my P 20+ times what I am teaching in the fall with no response, I just canít.
Teddi9192 is offline   Reply With Quote