BusyBoard

Teaching Options/ Programs

>

LoveTeachBaby

Teaching Options/ Programs
Old 06-22-2020, 11:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,

I am currently a preschool teacher and I would like to be able to teach elementary school or become a special education teacher.

I reside in California and I have been searching the correct path in pursuing the above but I have honestly become confused on the methods/ programs to be able to.

Is there anyone residing in California who has become an elementary school teacher or special education teacher that can help me out in what I need to do to be able to teach at those levels in California?

FYI: I have my bachelors- not in Education

LoveTeachBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 06-22-2020, 11:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would contact the board of education. In IL you send in your transcripts, they read them and tell you exactly what classes you need to take. That way you're getting the information right from the horse's mouth, you're not wasting money and time taking unnecessary classes and you can find out online programs they'll accept if you want to go that way.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

all41

Old 06-23-2020, 05:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I also suggest contacting your state licensing board or state dept of education. They will be able to look at what you have already done, then point you in the right direction. You could also go back to the college where you earned your Bachelors degree. If they have an education program they should be able to help you determine your next steps.
all41 is offline   Reply With Quote