Help

BusyBoard

SeeSaw and Remind?

>

cmjd2010

SeeSaw and Remind?
Old 06-27-2020, 12:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am wondering if Seesaw has a parent communication piece? It looks like my district is going to SeeSaw, and also has Remind as a communication tool? I've used Dojo the last 4 years, so I am not familiar with Seesaw. I watched a tutorial yesterday, but am feeling overwhelmed.

Can anyone advise if I need to learn about both SeeSaw and Remind?

cmjd2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

I teach K!

If the families are connected to Seesaw...
Old 06-27-2020, 12:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

If the families are connected to their student's account, there is a way to send and receive messages from families. It is easy to use and I like that it automatically translates any messages families send to me in a different language.

To connect families, you simply send them a request to connect to an email address or cell phone number. My families really like the seesaw message feature. It was an easy, convenient way to stay connected during distance learning.
I teach K! is offline   Reply With Quote

VivianCP

Old 06-27-2020, 04:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I love both Seesaw & Remind.

I mostly use Remind for parent communication even tho Seesaw has that piece. I love that I can set "office hours" in Remind, although I frequently disregard them! And that I can schedule messages, so if we have a spirit week with special events every day, I can schedule all the reminders about that beforehand. I don't have to remember to set each reminder every day.

Seesaw is a wonderful tool to show student growth and connect families to their child at school & involve them in their learning. It was especially great for distance learning with my young students. The app is very easy to use. I just cannot say enough good things about it.

I am sorry you are feeling overwhelmed right now with it. They do have a lot of videos to help you learn about it. Keep watching them. Create a practice class & play around with it on both the teacher & student side. PM me if you need help or encouragement with it!

I used to use dojo as a student motivation piece but have stopped. I know they added more to it since I used it but I just like Seesaw better.
VivianCP is offline   Reply With Quote

sevenplus

Old 06-27-2020, 05:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

What I like about Remind is that parents don't need to install an app and the messages come via text.

I'm a huge Seesaw proponent, though. I love it and I use the Seesaw Family app for communicating with families.
sevenplus is offline   Reply With Quote