Help

Second Grade

wonders or super kids?????

>

yomama1

wonders or super kids?????
Old 03-02-2020, 05:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am moving to 2nd grade next year and have to decide if I should use Wonders or Superkids. I have heard good things about both... just can't decide. Any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated.

yomama1 is offline   Reply With Quote

cassie23

Not much experience...
Old 03-10-2020, 03:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi. I am a new second grade teacher who uses Superkids. I like using it, although since I am new and the program is new to the school, I'm not sure of it's success in teaching reading just yet. What I like about the program is...the kids enjoy the Reader Stories which we use to practice Reading Fluency. I like the Daily routines. Each unit has its own Teacher's manual and there is SO MUCH to go through, seems like it will take a few years to feel I am doing everything justice. I feel like the Spelling lists are too difficult for half of my class. Sorry I can't be more help. I don't have any exerience with the other program you mentioned. Good luck with your decision!
cassie23 is offline   Reply With Quote

prinderella

Superkids
Old 05-30-2020, 04:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I changed schools 3 years ago and teach both first and second. I inherited superkids. Last summer I found a resource on TPT that enhanced the program greatly. For each story there are good discussion worksheets with problem/solution, first,next,then,last, characters, setting, etc as well as great spelling homework activities. There are also centers and interactive notebook sheets. It changed the program and I pick and choose what to use each week. I enjoy teaching it more this year with this strong supportive resource. I like some of the chapter books in second grade but have found others that meet my classes needs. Some of the easier ones I used with my more advanced first graders. Good luck
prinderella is offline   Reply With Quote