Help

Kindergarten

How Do I Tell My Administrator That I Want To Transfer

>

GoodVibes

How Do I Tell My Administrator That I Want To Transfer
Old 04-08-2020, 08:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

The principal at our school does not like me. In fact I’m pretty sure she took me out of the grade level where I have the most experience and love because she was trying to save her “best friend” “favorite” from being reassigned to another school due to low enrollment for this year. She purposely placed me in the grade level with the lowest enrollment numbers, thinking I’d be reassigned to another school with the excuse that I “just didn’t have the temperament to teach PreK”.
So she placed me in Kindergarten...
And Kindergarten has CHANGED (wow) since I had any type of experience with it and I had very little support from my supposed “team”.
It seems that they each like to do their own thing and they expected me to just know how all of these evaluations, timelines, procedures, worked in Kindergarten.
The principal wrote in my evaluation that I’d “had many offers to help and assist but hadn’t bothered to use this resource. The administrator hadn’t even spoken to the other teachers about me, she just assumed I hadn’t asked for help.
When I did ask for help I was made to feel as if I was imposing on them, eye rolls, heavy sighs, etc. “We talked about that back in August. Didn’t you write it down? It’s not rocket science.”
Also, the administrator is well known for her yelling and screaming tantrums, in front of students sometimes. She’s sent scolding emails to staff several times and a scolding text to our personal cell phones.
She’s unstable and not suited for an elementary school setting.
I’ve gotten our local teacher union involved and have sent a dated list of her tantrums, rants etc. to HR.
When my union rep and I spoke to HR they said I had to ask my administrator for a transfer and she had to write a recommendation to other schools for me. I can not transfer if I have any inconsistent or ineffective ratings in my evaluation. Since schools closed due to COVD-19 no one knows what will be done about evaluations moving forward.
In a nutshell, how do I ask for a recommendation for transfer? I want back into PreK program but since she thinks I “don’t have the temperament to teach PreK” (but miraculously can teach Kindergarten) what do I say? I want to chose my words carefully!

GoodVibes is offline   Reply With Quote

readerabbit

Would start
Old 05-02-2020, 08:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

First are you wanting to get back in PreK there or out of that school.? I know things are shaky with the school closures.
I would start off saying/
I am so glad you had faith in me to teach Kindergarten. It has broaden my horizons. I feel if I could use my experience from this year in the PreK I can help assist the students , parents and PreK peers on how to enrich our PreK program . I hope you will give me that opportunity .

Then if the answer is no . Then state I would appreciate any help or assistance in locating a PreK position in the district . I feel this is my true calling .
readerabbit is offline   Reply With Quote