The VENT

Evaluation update

>

jazzer

Evaluation update
Old 05-31-2020, 01:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everyone,

I posted about a situation in which as an assistant I have not been able to work with students at all during e-learning, because I was not needed by the teacher I was partnered with and none of the other teachers needed an extra hand. We were told not to contact them if they did not contact us because of the stressful situation we were all put in. I did my two and a half hours of professional development each day.

I was worried that would be held against me in my end of the year evaluation since our vice principal said that she would take the work we have done with students during e-learning into consideration.

Well, I got my evaluation through email this morning and was pleasantly surprised. There are 19 categories and four possible ratings for each one. Excellent, Proficient, Developing, and unsatisfactory. I received an excellent rating in 16 categories, and proficient in the other 3. I was surprised because districts usually don.t want to give the highest rating in too many categories.

I am still casually interviewing for music teaching jobs and work at home remote jobs, but am glad I have this job to go back to if nothing else comes up. I do enjoy the job and working with the kids, and it is a good district. There will be no cuts or furloughs in my district.

jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 05-31-2020, 01:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm really glad it all worked out in such a great way! Congratulations on those wonderful ratings
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Starr

Old 05-31-2020, 06:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That is good news. It is always reassuring to know you have a fall back plan.
Starr is online now   Reply With Quote

Peaches Pears

Old 05-31-2020, 06:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I am so glad your evaluation went well jazzer.
It is important to be recognized for a job well done.
You have been very conscientious with your PD. That is a lot of time every day!

Maybe it would be nice to stay a year or two in a job/place that appreciates and recognizes your skills. So many have such a different experience.

Any chance a music/band job might open up where you are now?
Peaches Pears is online now   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 05-31-2020, 07:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

There actually is an opening like that in my district, The only problem is I am not state certified so I can only teach in private schools and select charters that would allow you to fulfill the requirements while teaching.

I started my teaching career in a private school and taught for 20 years in theses kinds of schools. I worked for a private outside music service and owned one my own so since I had all of my music ed classes and many years of experience, and did not work directly for the schools, I didn’t need it.

I have thought about getting it, but wonder if it is worth it since I am 51 years old. Many universities would not honor some of the classes I took because they were taken well over 20 years ago. It might take me until I am ready to retire to get it.

I agree that I definitely see a benefit in staying where I am appreciated and am considering that. I just wish it paid more.

jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Room_916

Old 05-31-2020, 08:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I am so happy about your evaluation results! Yay! Iím also glad you have a job you like and wonít have to worry about lay offs.
Room_916 is offline   Reply With Quote