Help

The VENT

Piggyback on graduation post

>

hiker1

Piggyback on graduation post
Old 06-07-2020, 04:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I've seen coworkers post pictures of their child's graduation. In both cases the students wore masks to walk up and accept a diploma. Everyone practiced social distancing. HOWEVER, in all of the pictures afterwards all the kids are hanging around in big groups, arms around each other and no masks.

hiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote

eagles23

Old 06-07-2020, 07:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Yes, our school had graduation today. Limited family allowed, safe distancing, and masks during the ceremony, but afterward pictures of students in groups, teachers with groups of students, and mixed families grouped together in pictures with lots of hugging all around.
eagles23 is online now   Reply With Quote

VivianCP

Old 06-07-2020, 08:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've seen that too. My school was very careful to plan a graduation that was safe & social distanced. But I think people have really gotten tired of being apart & they just aren't taking things as seriously as most people once were. Then with all the protests (in my area at least), people are fed up that some things are "allowed" & others aren't.
VivianCP is offline   Reply With Quote

Lakeside

virtual graduation
Old 06-08-2020, 07:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I agree that the group pictures after kind of defeat the purpose of the social distance ceremony.

Our school broadcast a virtual graduation instead - complete with speeches and pics of all the kids. I thought they did a really good job!
Lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote

TeacherPK6

Old 06-08-2020, 01:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I think social distancing is falling apart. I think perhaps we could do it longer, but I also think humans as a society have a need to be close, touch, etc. It's really hard, esp now that places are starting to open up and such to know fully what we "should" be doing.

TeacherPK6 is online now   Reply With Quote

TexTeacher

Old 06-08-2020, 04:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Yep 100% how graduation went down here. My DH had to go because he teachers seniors, but made a quick exit when it was over.
TexTeacher is online now   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 06-08-2020, 08:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I agree - people are over it. We're going on 3 months. In my town the numbers are remaining flat and things are slowly opening up. Almost everyone I know is just done with being isolated. We took a team pic on the last day of school, and I took pics with some of my students that came by. I really don't think we're going to get sick by taking a 10 second picture together, and it was so needed for everyone's spirit.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mshope

Online Pics
Old 06-15-2020, 06:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I was pretty horrified to see pictures of teachers with arms around students. Some had masks, some didn't. The four or five times I went into work, we all stayed pretty far apart when possible. Some people online questioned the pictures and the one teacher said that our area's numbers were down. That is true, for now.

Sbkangas5, I actually do think you can get the virus in a second. I mean I hope no one does, but still it could happen. However, if everyone was wearing masks, then that is better. I personally wouldn't do it though. I am extremely cautious due to family members who have other health conditions. Yet I get that the risk is different for everyone. I also think they said being outside helps.

It seems almost impossible to be 100% safe and go out. I also see the balance between mental health and risk. Crazy times!
Mshope is offline   Reply With Quote