Help

First Grade

Back to School

>

Teach-in-1st

Back to School
Old 07-02-2016, 06:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am looking for some new ideas for the first week back to school. We will not start our Reading Street stories and math curriculum until the 2nd week of school. We begin on a Monday, so lots of time to kill. I do spend time teaching the procedures and reading a few stories here and there. I also do some assessments, but then.... I am up to Wednesday, ugh. I'm debating on teaching them center rotations, I'm not sure yet. This will be my 3rd year teaching 1st, and I just wasn't satisfied with how the students managed their own behavior last year. So I really want to try to be a stickler, yet have some fun ideas. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks@

Teach-in-1st is offline   Reply With Quote

Gr8Profession

Old 07-03-2016, 08:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I spend gobs of time at the beginning of the year working on procedures for Daily 5 and Math centers. Also, there are many great phonics activities to do with the students' names. All those procedural things take repeated practice. The first week always seems to go quickly!
Gr8Profession is offline   Reply With Quote

Teach-in-1st

Back to school
Old 07-04-2016, 03:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you, I will most likely go ahead and begin teaching the Center rotations, especially since I create a new SMART Board rotation chart for the students to manipulate.
Teach-in-1st is offline   Reply With Quote

ATeacherMama

First Week
Old 07-07-2016, 06:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I plan to teach procedures and center rotations during the first weeks of school. It always pays off in the long run! During the past, if I've moved into this too fast I have regretted it! I plan to read a lot of books/do activities, sing songs, work on building our classroom community, and practice A LOT!
ATeacherMama is offline   Reply With Quote