Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I just wanna sleep, eat, read, binge on Netflix

>

ICrazyTeach

I just wanna sleep, eat, read, binge on Netflix
Old 02-27-2019, 08:03 PM

We have a day off tomorrow. Sick-out over political goings on. I'm supposed to go to the capital to make my voice heard, but I have kids. I am NOT dragging them with me, so we'll hang out at home. I want to enjoy it! But there is laundry (there is always laundry). And the bathroom desperately needs a good scrub. And the kitchen. And dust. And floors are dirty.
Our weekends have been jam-packed. I need to take advantage of tomorrow to catch up before we're buried in our filth
I'm really trying hard to see it as a gift of time to catch up. Really, I am. I'm not there yet, though.

ICrazyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 02-27-2019, 08:07 PM

I read that title and thought, "Me to, that sounds amazing!" I have been wanting to take a mental health day, but I'm feeling too guilty because I had a day of meetings today and will have two days of data teams next week- aka already a ton of missed time for my students . Maybe some day...
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 02-27-2019, 08:18 PM

Your title is basically what I have planned for tomorrow. I'm tired and so much illness is going around I don't want to get sick from overdoing it. So I'm taking the day off of household chores (with the exception of 2 loads of laundry) and giving myself permission to just BE. I can't wait!

At least give yourself an hour!
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 02-27-2019, 09:03 PM

All Iíve done is sleep recently, but now Iím hungry because of the steroids.

DHís district is in the sick-out now, too, so he isnít going anywhere tomorrow either. It is his birthday tomorrow, so Iíll take him for food. We will probably bring it home because nobody wants to listen to my pneumonia cough while they eat.
Ima Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

SwollenAnkles

Uhggg
Old 02-27-2019, 09:12 PM

I donít know how much more I can take. I need summer so bad! I am exhausted, stressed, not taking care of myself! Iím gaining weight like a crazy woman and I ache all over!
Every time I turn around someone is saying we need to implement a new strategy. I never have time to perfect one!! Or we have to fill out a new form! Or they change the curriculum or grading process. When can I just teach and get good at it? I swear today in collaboration it seemed like my teammates were speaking another language! So much my brain is not even hearing words anymore, canít keep up!!!
Take your day and rest! I am sure you have earned it. The dust will wait! Your sanity may not.

SwollenAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Staying home
Old 02-28-2019, 07:00 AM

Can you split the day? Clean for 2 hours, then stop and take a nap, watch TV, eat bon bons. I think thatís a pretty even split.

Are the kids old enough to help?
Keltikmom is online now   Reply With Quote