Help

The VENT

principal

>

gtblue

principal
Old 10-06-2009, 09:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm new to this board. Where do I post crazy emails from principal?

gtblue is offline   Reply With Quote

unseen001

vent
Old 10-06-2009, 09:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

your in the right place
unseen001 is offline   Reply With Quote

gtblue

ok
Old 10-06-2009, 09:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

This seems a little crazy to me.

Please begin your Guided Reading Groups tomorrow!
Your students have been working in centers or stations since Pk.

No excuses, please.

gtblue

or how about this
Old 10-06-2009, 09:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Staff

How do you assess student learning? How do you know if your students learned what you taught?
Please be prepared to share your notes, documentation or anecdotal records for math or reading.
You should have six weeks of documentation.

Also, are you administering a weekly math and/or reading assessments? Are your assessments horizontally aligned?
If so, bring samples of student work to the planning meeting Wednesday.

gtblue

This one is good
Old 10-06-2009, 09:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I need a couple of boxes of Kleenex- please send to the main office

gtblue

Now I can't stop
Old 10-06-2009, 09:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

The information listed below is not what I want, it is best practice!
The outline for Guided/Flexible Groups or Centers for all disciplines ( math, reading, writing, and/or science)
Math Example:
Math Problem Solving- Independent or small group, this activity should last for 15 minutes- not 30 minutes
Instructional Core- Teacher teachers for 20 minutes ( not an hour!!!!!) The teacher models how to problem solve ( read, write, draw). Please use Envision Math to assist you in introducing the skill/concept. Please do not make it up or just pull materials from anywhere. Use a resource that the district suggests. We are employed by AISD; therefore, we are expected to follow the district's plan.
Teacher then divides students into groups ( no more than 4 students per group) based on needs and/or instructional focus ( skill) for the week. The purpose is to give students the opportunity to practice the skill with their peers. I is not busy work or a packet. You should have no more than 4 activities planned, including the teacher group.
MATH Manipulatives MUST be used at all times! This is a BEST Practice!

Examples of group activities: 40 minutes
Giving students the same activity and walking around asking questions for 40 minutes is a weak practice. You are expected to instruct a small group of students during center time. What should you do? Teach vocabulary, watch students solve a problem, look for errors or misunderstandings, ask strategic questions, then intervene through questionings-not telling. That's teaching!
Problem solving based on previously taught skills or the skill focus for the week
Math games- Math Investigations
Vocabulary activity /little math book from the literacy library
The teacher instructs a group- You will not meet with every group everyday, only the students that need individualized instruction will come to the teacher table EVERYDAY!
Any questions?

gtblue

I feel better
Old 10-06-2009, 09:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I guess I just feel the principal spends so much time telling what I already know how to do. I wish she would get me an interpreter for my Burmese kids, or the math and ESL TEs I have asked for for a year. I'm glad I have found a place to just let my evil thoughts out.

goldenbeads

wait - wait - wait
Old 10-07-2009, 03:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Quote:
I need a couple of boxes of Kleenex- please send to the main office
Your principal, who is (generally) on an entirely different and HIGHER pay scale than you is asking - no - telling you to send tissues to her?

What is she on?
goldenbeads is offline   Reply With Quote

Mindfull

You
Old 10-07-2009, 06:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

have a problem! I feel for you. How on earth does she get her job done? For Kleenex, I would send back an email stating that you must put in a supply order and they come from the supply closet. I don't have any extra right now.
How rude. What school did she graduate from? She seems very insecure in her position.
I am about to get a long term sub principal and am afraid of getting someone just like this.
Best wishes to you and have a great year. Ignore what you can as it sounds like you already do this. Duh!!! look at the teacher's manual and follow it. Does she think you all can't read?
Mindfull is offline   Reply With Quote

TeachNut

Old 10-07-2009, 11:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Hmmm, these e-mails look very familiar. In fact, I think I've written them. It seems some of my teachers aren't using their instructional time to the fullest. Plus, I do not believe school equipment should be used for personal use, even if on their "break".

As for what I am on. . . I do not think it out of line to request kleenex from staff since it's their students crying about their poor teaching practices.

Okay, enough of that ~ I'm just messing with you a little!!! So sorry you have this admin!! Try to ride it out, I've learned if you can ride it out a little, you have nothing to worry because those admins will come and go quickly.

TeachNut is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

Old 10-07-2009, 11:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

PHEW! Haha, I asked if there were any extra boxes of Kleenex around, and was told it had to come out of my pocket, because I am ESL. THEN, the Title Reading and Math did the same and were GIVEN FIVE BOXES EACH...someone, tell me the discrepancy! The office always asks for 'Tissue Donations for Mr. ______' because he is the Principal. Mrrrrf. Somehow I sense a slight discrimination!!!!
MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote

sweet_teacher

Old 10-07-2009, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Hahaha...your principal needs some discipline problems or major building catastrophe to deal with so that you can teach
sweet_teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

lamaestra

Old 10-07-2009, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Wow, those are crazy emails. Hang in there the weekend will come soon enough and then I hope you relax and forget about what goes on at school. Maybe for at least one of the days.

I'm so lucky to not have a crazy principal like that.
lamaestra is offline   Reply With Quote

MissC83

kleenex
Old 10-10-2009, 06:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I loved the kleenex email....I guess your P needs directions to the nearest store so she can BUY HER OWN! The kids don't bring in their school supplies (tissues) so that the P can use them! HELLO! I'm so mean that I would pull out a few tissues from a box in my room and stuff them in her mailbox...how's THAT for sharing?

I must say, reading your emails took me back to the first school I worked at---He!! Elementary. We had Satan's sister for a P.
Your P is crazy...if I worked there, I'd probably get so tired of her emails that I'd laugh at them in disgust and then CC them to the super. and find out how your staff can be talked to like this.

Your P is on a POWER TRIP and needs to be knocked off her pretty pedestal.
MissC83 is offline   Reply With Quote

funkster

MissC83
Old 10-25-2009, 02:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

You are such a kinder, nicer person than I am. I would have gathered up the used tissues the kids always leave around, smack them into a few boxes-and there ya go!

Okay, I'd never DO it, but thinking things like this make me giggle and then I can put up with a lot of nonsense. Oh yes, I share my evil thoughts with all my co workers and then watch them try to keep a straight face at faculty meetings.
funkster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suspended

Ball Three

Suspended
funkster
Old 11-11-2009, 12:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

There ya go! Should be no problem re-using tissues, since they probably only used
one side!
Ball Three is offline   Reply With Quote