Help

BusyBoard

Great middle grade read

>

KatieViolet

Great middle grade read
Old 01-10-2019, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Just finished Amal Unbound, published last year. I think someone here posted about it on their blog, but I canít remeber who!

It is a fabulous read. About a 12 year old girl in Pakistan who becomes an indentured servant due to her familyís debt.

Iím ashamed to admit I havenít read enough diverse books of this nature, at least of this culture. It was difficult for me get past the foreign names, because they trip me up so much. But definitely worth pushing through. I kept having to remind myself it takes place in present day, because the situation sounds so outdated. Itís sad to think this is still happening in many parts of the world.

KatieViolet is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Read Aloud
Old 01-10-2019, 07:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That's the read aloud for my class right now! It's awesome! The students LOVE IT and they get SO MAD when I stop. This one girl actually gives me evil eyes when I stop because she wants to see what happens next! The kids make (appropriate) out loud reactions as I am reading too. They are enthralled by it!
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote