Help

BusyBoard

Inter-class activities.

>

MissAgnes

Inter-class activities.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Myself and the other two teachers in my grade were talking about how there is a lot of “us vs. them” mentality in our students, and we also don’t really get a chance to get to know the students in the other two classes. Until this year, we leveled for math and ELA, so the classes were always mixed.
Today, we decided to do something different. At a random time, without telling the students, the teachers got up and went to one of the other classes. There we read a picture book to the class. When we were done, we went to the other class.
We had so much fun! We got to know some of the other students (we chatted with them a bit), and they got to know us. One of the other teachers said her students fished, “Miss Agnes is so FUNNY!” My own students know I’m often silly or goofy, but the other kids don’t see it.
We’ve decided to make this a regular thing, along with other activities.

MissAgnes is offline   Reply With Quote

MaineSub

Congratulations!
Old 12-14-2018, 06:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You don't have to read too many of my posts to know that I'm a huge fan of "shared classroom management." In order to accomplish that, relationships become important.

Congratulations on stepping out of the box where the emphasis is on maintaining roles. I think it's important we see each other (students and teachers) as people--that doesn't mean abandoning our roles but it does require different types of interactions.

Do make it regular... it doesn't take long and will, I believe, yield big benefits. I'd love to hear about some of the other activities you come up with!
MaineSub is offline   Reply With Quote

Lakeside

Cool
Old 12-14-2018, 02:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

What a fabulous idea - I bet everyone loved it!
Lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote