Help

BusyBoard

AR challenge

>

K-Jeanne

AR challenge
Old 12-28-2018, 01:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I want to motivate my 1st graders with movement with our AR. Any ideas to use as a 'reward' to get them excited about reading and completing the quizzes? Thank you!!

K-Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote

all41

AR Motivation
Old 12-29-2018, 05:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have used themed bulletin boards such We Are Popping For Reading (popcorn). I decorated the board with a popcorn box I made from tag board. Each time a student took and passed an AR test with greater than 85% correct they got a cutout of a piece of popcorn. They got to color the popcorn and write their name on it. I would then staple it to the board. When the board was full we had a popcorn party. It was a great visual reminder and it really motivated the kids to read more. Just be aware of the size of the bulletin board and thd size of the popcorn cutouts you use. You don't want the board to be so big the kids can't fill it in a reasonable time, or too quickly either. I made the popcorn pieces from copy paper and just cut them out because they were way yo expensive to buy for a one time use.
all41 is online now   Reply With Quote

freckleface

When I taught 2nd grade
Old 12-29-2018, 08:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I used to do AR Bingo with the kids. Every time they passed an AR test at 80% or better then they signed a grid numbered from one to 50. When they filled the grid I drew numbers and those numbers earned a prize. I think maybe it was a pencil or a piece of candy or a prize out of my prize box. The kids loved it and it didn't take long to fill the grid.

I'm thinking about doing that for January with my 5th graders with my maybe a homework pass or other nonfood prizes.
freckleface is offline   Reply With Quote