Movie/Video Making Software for Chromebooks? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Educational Technology

Movie/Video Making Software for Chromebooks?

>

MS Teach

MS Teach

Movie/Video Making Software for Chromebooks?
Old 07-16-2018, 09:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi everyone!

My middle school does a really awesome student lead News Team! Myself and another teacher help the students in script writing, filming, and editing live footage that gets played in every classroom the next morning! We currently have to use my Co-Teacher's personal Apple computer to do this because when she started the team, iMovie was the most accessible software at the time. However, now that we are a 1-1 chromebook school (YAY!), I am hoping to find another software/program that the kids can use to film and edit that works with PC's. It would make our schedule a lot easier, seeing that we currently have to rely on my co-Teacher's attendance with her personal computer to film, as well as give our kids even more agency because they work with Chromebooks everyday. Just wondering if any other teachers that have worked with Chromebooks and have found great apps/softwares to edit and save movies or videos! It would be so appreciated. Free or cheap would be ideal, but we have a small budget to work with as well!

Thank you!

Room205

Old 03-09-2019, 05:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Depending on the length of videos, WeVideo is a free platform for short videos.

It's super simple to use, pretty intuitive (like iMovie) and actually has more built in features. The free version allows for 5 minute videos once a month, I think? And they have the WeVideo Watermark.

The paid version is $5/student per year, (or at least it used to be) and allows for pretty much unlimited videos and no watermark.

It's a Chrome extension/app so install is non-existent!
Room205 is offline   Reply With Quote