Help

Third Grade

Wonders question

>

Readingal

Wonders question
Old 03-26-2019, 04:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Moving to third grade next year. Just wondering if you use Wonders how do you present the stories in the anthologies? Do you read them to the class? Partner read? Independent read? Small group?

Itís been a few years since Iíve taught third, but I havenít taught with Wonders. And I just canít remember how I did this with our old anthology.

Readingal is offline   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Wonders
Old 03-26-2019, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think you can do all the above depending on your desired approach, your students' abilities as well as the difficulty of the text. Some texts are difficult for some students to access on their own.
arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

luvmycat

Wonders
Old 03-30-2019, 12:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We streamlined and only teach half of the stories so that we can cover the themes and essential questions in more detail. We changed the order of them too and teach only the grammar lessons in the suggested succession. We would take 2 weeks for each of the one week that were recommended.

We did shared reading of the Readers Writers story, introducing the vocabulary and the skills the first week. Then the grade level and above readers would read more independently while I read with the others.

I relied mostly on some tpt response foldables to practice the skills. We also combined stories that were more related to one another and fit the calendar and our field trip schedule.

HTH
luvmycat is online now   Reply With Quote