Help

Kindergarten

Another Activity to Share and Need Help

>

iteachk2010

Another Activity to Share and Need Help
Old 07-20-2019, 06:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been busy updating and creating some sight words activities. Our required sight words for kindergarten are in lists of five words. I had this idea of creating a template with a core set of sight word activities where I could populate my five target words to all the activities at one time and not have to go to each activity and enter the words. I wanted a set of core activities that my students know how to do or play. It helps them be independent and I like to send some of the activities home for them to play/do with their families. We don't introduce sight words right away. I just wanted to get things made this summer while I have time.

Each time I get ready to introduce a new list, I would go to my template and replace the five words. It will populate those five words into all the activities. Then I would only print out the activities I need. I could even differentiate for students by creating materials with the specific words they need to review.

I figured out how to do it in Google Slides. So far I am able to get it to work for me, but I am not sure what is the best way to share it so it will work for anyone else. So I appreciate any feedback to know if it works or not.

I am still adding activities to my original idea so I am not ready to share that yet. In the meantime, I am going to share another activity I made in Google Slides to see if the process works. It is a sight word bump activity. I need to share it as a Google Slide and not a pdf file, so that you will be able to edit in order to enter your target words. Since it is a shared Google Slide, when you edit, it would edit the slide for everyone. The way around that would be to have you make a copy and then edit your own copy.

I have it set to Make a Copy and Anyone with a link can edit. Last time I tried the Make a Copy, it didn't work. Can someone try it out to see if it works? Here is the link:
Sight Word Bump (Die Roll) Fall Theme

If that doesn't work, maybe copying and pasting the actual link will work. Here it is.
https://docs.google.com/presentation...Yu2W5r_ss/copy

If that doesn't work, I can try setting it to Anyone with a link can view. You would still need to make your own copy in order to enter your words.

Going back to my original idea, so far I have the following core sight word activities:
  • Dilly Dots (Use dilly dot markers or crayons to mark the words-like a word search)
  • Roll, Read and Write-with and without guidelines
  • Read, Stamp and Write-with and without guidelines
  • Roll and Name (Rapid Naming Activity)

I am currently working on Read, Build and Write. I am thinking about creating a non-themed sight word bump, a Race to the Top type game and a roll or possibly spin and cover or color activity, too.

I would love to add some tracing activities, but Google doesn't have a font. I will have to create those later in Microsoft Word or PPT where I can use my dotted letter fonts/guidelines. When I get those made, I will share them;however, those would be tailored to our specific sight word lists.

I appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thank you for your help!

iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 07-20-2019, 07:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I clicked on your link and it came up with the screen saying it was going to make a copy. Then I got a copy called "Copy of....." I did changed word 2 to test 2, but I think it worked the way you set it up.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

Kahluablast
Old 07-20-2019, 07:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for checking it out for me. I really appreciate it.

VivianCP

Old 07-21-2019, 09:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This is great! Thanks so much. I did it, worked perfectly. Your directions were very clear. I am in awe of your talent!
VivianCP is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

Old 07-23-2019, 03:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thanks ! It has taken me a while to figure out how to do it, but I enjoy making and sharing things.