Picture Sort Activities for Initial, Medial, and Final Sounds - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Kindergarten

Picture Sort Activities for Initial, Medial, and Final Sounds

>

iteachk2010

Picture Sort Activities for Initial, Medial, and Final Sounds
Old 08-08-2019, 08:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Here are some picture sort activities I made. These small picture cards are organized by the letter groups used in our formal phonics program. I didn't make sorting mats. I just made letter cards. Students can sort the pictures underneath the letter cards.

LG 1 Small Picture Cards for Sorting by Initial and Final Sounds
Initial Sounds-/a/, /b/, /f/, /d/ and /g/, Final Sounds-/b/, /d/, and /g/
*There is no medial vowel sort for this group because the only vowel introduced is a.

LG 2 Small Picture Cards for Sorting by Initial, Medial, and Final Sounds
Initial Sounds-/e/, /h/, /j/, /l/ and /m/, Medial Sounds-/a/ and /e/, Final Sounds-/b/, /d/, /g/, and /m/
*I included picture cards to review initial consonants from the previous letter group.

LG 3 Small Picture Cards for Sorting by Initial, Medial, and Final Sounds
Initial Sounds-/o/, /n/, /p/, /r/ and /s/, Medial Sounds-/a/, /e/, and /o/, Final Sounds-/b/, /d/, /g/, /m/, /n/, and /p/
*I included picture cards to review initial consonants from the two previous letter groups.

LG 4 Small Picture Cards for Sorting by Initial, Medial, and Final Sounds
Initial Sounds-/u/, /t/, /v/, /w/ and /y/, Medial Sounds-/a/, /e/, /o/, and /u/, Final Sounds-/b/, /d/, /g/, /m/, /n/, /p/, /t/, and /x/
*I included picture cards to review initial consonants from the three previous letter groups.

LG 5 Small Picture Cards for Sorting by Initial, Medial, and Final Sounds
Initial Sounds-/i/, /q/, /z/, c/k/ and k/k/, Medial Sounds-/a/, /e/, /o/, /u/, and /i/, Final Sounds-/b/, /d/, /g/, /m/, /n/, /p/, /t/, /x/, and /z/
*I included picture cards to review initial consonants from the four previous letter groups.

iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote