Help

Kindergarten

Weekly job chart ideas

>

jcm

Weekly job chart ideas
Old 08-25-2019, 10:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I give each of my students one job per week and then rotate. I need a couple of new "jobs" since I have more students this year. I have the typical: calendar helper, weather watcher, #days of school counter, supplies helper, snack helper, etc.
Does anyone have any unusual ones that I may not have thought of?
Thanks!

jcm is offline   Reply With Quote

StellaBulldog

Old 08-25-2019, 11:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Not unusual, but I have one or two door holders, a line ender, messengers, and some years I have an electrician - this student turns the lights on and off.
StellaBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote

jeffie

Old 08-25-2019, 11:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

one that I used - assistant (subbed if someone was gone, needed anything not listed, all around helper), caboose(end of the line) I've been retired for a few years so can't remember them all.
jeffie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 08-25-2019, 01:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Substitute is a great one. I also have zookeeper (feeds the fish), messenger, gardener (if we have any plants), chair helper (puts chairs up at the end of the day), table helper (wipes down tables when needed), and that's all I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned. I only have enough jobs for half my kids. I tell them they get one week of work and then one when they're on vacation.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

overthemoon

Old 08-27-2019, 12:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We have a letter helper who helps to review the letters we are working on and the sounds the letters make, a sight word helper who picks a labeled stick out of a little pail that tells us what to do with the sight word (hold your nose while spelling it, sing it, spell it softly, then say the word loudly, etc.), a number helper who adds the next number to our number strip (sentence strips taped together- we enter a number for each day we are in school) and a bell ringer who taps our bell when center time is over and we need to clean up.

overthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote

kindiesarefun

Old 08-29-2019, 06:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

A few years ago I decided to streamline my "helper" system, because it was too confusing to remember who had already done what jobs, and also some jobs were not as engaging as others (ie closet closer vs. messenger).
So now I just have one helper who does everything for the day...hold the flag during the pledge, run errands, take care of the lights, etc. They also get to take home the message of the day and get the first pick of spots for rest time. The helper has an assistant who also acts as door holder, then the assistant is the helper the next day. Super easy!!
kindiesarefun is offline   Reply With Quote