Help

Kindergarten

Morning arrival

>

elmo33

Morning arrival
Old 08-30-2019, 10:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

If you have s staggered arrival do you serve out morning work or a morning tub of manipulatives.....?

elmo33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lakeside

tubs
Old 08-30-2019, 11:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I like manipulative tubs because it gives them a chance to reconnect with their friends and get the "chatties" out before the morning really begins.

You can also pull kids for quick corrections on the previous day's work without putting them behind on something for today.
Lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 08-30-2019, 04:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've shared this before and I'll share it again - letting them play in the morning absolutely revolutionized my day. I had always waited until the end of the day. Nope. Never again. Morning play is amazing!
They get a chance to talk and adjust to the day. They are excited to come in. If a parent has a question I have the luxury of time to answer. If a child is crying or reluctant I have the luxury of spending time with them and helping them transition. Plus we all know that they just need some dedicated time to play and work on their social and emotional skills.

I like to focus our morning play on building fine motor skills. I put out 5 or so fine motor activities, along with one art activity.
Try it! I can't say it enough!
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

elmo33

Thanks
Old 08-31-2019, 04:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Sbkangus5, that sounds good! There is so little play time in the schedule... I would have about 20 minutes to do this in the morning....
but do you have a lot of reluctance to come to carpet after? I have to start reading block right at a certain time,,.
elmo33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sprite

Old 08-31-2019, 06:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I like morning tubs. I have been working on figuring out what to do in the morning. Because my kids need help (I'm K-1 sped) if I have worksheets to do they need me or my para to sit with them and help. I have so much going on in the AM that I can't do that (lunch, attendance, parents, helping kids get settled in, managing melt-downs).

Having them work with tubs of activities is fun for them and helps me. I have done play-doh, rhyming puzzles, math manipulatives and white board tracing letters ..so far.

Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 08-31-2019, 10:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Quote:
do you have a lot of reluctance to come to carpet after?
Surprisingly, not at all. They are so ready to go after they've been able to play!
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote