Help

Center Activities

Third Grade Sciece

>

LittleLizard1

Third Grade Sciece
Old 06-30-2013, 09:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am going to be teaching Third Grade Math and Science starting in the fall. Our school is big on centers and I am struggling to find science centers for my class. I've read many of the posts in the centers area, but haven't really seen anything. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

LittleLizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote

shaley

inquiry
Old 07-01-2013, 02:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I wrap my science centers around inquiry and experimentation. I pick a scientific skill set, not always directly about what I am teaching, and create a basic center. For example, I have the students pick several attributes and sort items such as rocks, I give students some supplies and ask them to build a lever or complete circuits, I give student magnifying glasses and a challenge for observation, these are just a few examples. I like to let the children have some lead in science centers.
shaley is offline   Reply With Quote

kerteach2

Centers
Old 07-01-2013, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Try lauracandler.com in the file cabinet section under Science. She has a boat load of things including freebies. And don't forget about looking at TPT - I find really good things in their free section also. I make lapbooks with my class, and we spend a bit of time organizing those, Then they use them when we do classwork or centers. They keep their discoveries, worksheets, drawings, notes all in the lapbook. We just add as we go.
kerteach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

CrafteeTchr

Tpt
Old 07-01-2013, 11:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

First of all let me say I'm totally against paying for teaching ideas!! Part of being a teacher is our innate ability to be creative. With that being said, TPT has some awesome science center activities that I ran across by searching Pinterest. I also bought a science centers book from scholastics website. I will also be teaching 3rd grade math and science this year.
CrafteeTchr is offline   Reply With Quote