Help

Educational Technology

Google apps

>

Jenny

Google apps
Old 01-19-2017, 12:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi, does anyone have any great activities they like to do in google apps - docs/drawings/slides etc? I'm looking for some creative things to do with my class this year that integrate tech into the learning rather than technology for the sake of technology. (our school year starts in 2 weeks)

For example - my kids love to use google drawings to collaboratively create sound of the week posters - they work together to collect images and words that match our sound of the week.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Indiana Jen

google slides
Old 01-19-2017, 06:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've seen a shared Google Slide presentation do neat things. Share a presentation with the entire class and each child has a slide. Any time you want them to give ideas, gather info or something like that, do it on their slide and in 5ish minutes, you have a multiple slide presentation of their info.

Each kid knows to go to the same slide every time. I learned this in a training once and the presenter had us do our about me this way.
Indiana Jen is online now   Reply With Quote

Jenny

Old 01-19-2017, 04:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Yes that is a good strategy to use. I learned the hard way though to assign the kids a number before they start typing in the slide show. After 5 minutes of "who's typing in my slide?" we had to restart. Lesson learned.
Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Susan2012

Skit
Old 02-04-2017, 11:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

have your students work in collaborative groups to create a skit or short play based on history/social science content. You can create the template in Google docs , copy and name of each group and then share with the students by groups.
Susan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote