Help

Educational Technology

Students Cheating with Email

>

GoMoRo

Students Cheating with Email
Old 12-01-2017, 07:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My students create word documents and then email them to me for grading. Sometimes they email them to their friends first and the friend uses it too. How do I check to see if a document was done by another student?

GoMoRo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jenny

Old 12-03-2017, 09:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm not sure how you would do that, as I think a new document will only tell you who created the new document. Although my knowledge of word is pretty limited, I'm all google now.
Could you try putting a couple of randomly placed questions in there that would give different answers for every student? At least they would have to read the work they are submitting to find those questions! For example in my reading tasks I put things like 'what is your favourite place to go on holiday and why?' or 'if you could chose just one toy for your birthday, what would it be and why?' or 'which animal would you choose for a pet and why?' The why is important because it is a personal response, and also makes the answers more detailed. Not so simple for marking, but eliminates copy and paste work.
Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote

shutterb

Avoid the student temptation
Old 12-19-2017, 01:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Have you ever used EDMODO (edmodo.com) ? Try it I sincerely love using and also use Classroom Google. Both you create classrooms. Students can upload and download directly to me. Hope that this helps.
shutterb is offline   Reply With Quote