Does anyone use literacy centers from tpt? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

First Grade

Does anyone use literacy centers from tpt?

>

Boymom21

Does anyone use literacy centers from tpt?
Old 04-07-2019, 12:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Which did you buy?

Pros/cons?

Boymom21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Teach-in-1st

Literacy Centers
Old 07-10-2019, 09:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi. Yes I have. Our District uses Journeys, but I used to work overseas during our military stay in Okinawa, Japan and they used Reading Streets. I use a lot of the grammar centers, for nouns, adjectives, verbs, compound words, etc. I also have previously bought writing files, since I am always trying to improve on my teaching writing. Centers are so hard to manage and year after year, I try new things. I think I am getting close, lol, to where I am comfortable with how my centers are managed.
We had a guest come speak to our school and I learned several key points. If you want to google Pat Pavelka, she has videos out there on how to organize centers. There are so many well known people who produce educational material: a few of my favorites are The Brown Bag Teacher, Deanna Jump, The Moffit Sisters, Just a Primary Girl, Miss Girraffe, Cara Carroll, Learning at the Primary Pond (to name a few). Let me know if you have something specific in mind.
Teach-in-1st is offline   Reply With Quote