Help

Creative Outlet

Card: My Friend #27

>

KeyKid

Card: My Friend #27
Old 04-11-2019, 04:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I started with the smooth side of Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock. I set that up in my MISTI and used VersaMark ink to double-stamp a stamp from Simon Says Stamp Geometric Pattern Builder set before using a clear embossing powder and heating. I turned the card 180 and lined up the paper with the stamp image and double-stamped again.

I pulled out my Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor set and wet the piece (SHOULD have taped it down first to minimize the warping) and used 2 each of oranges, yellows, and greens. I used my heat tool to dry and unwarp it but it wasn't flat. I took it to the ironing board and put it face down on a craft-only bamboo cutting board to iron it. When I did that, it started to re-melt the embossing powder and looked awful. I put a paper towel between the face-down card and the cutting board and continued to iron and flip the paper towel until all the embossing powder was removed. I've seen this as a technique. It's not what I intended, but it worked! Now the piece was also flat.

I cut it with the largest die from MFT Rectangle STAX 1 set and attached it to my card base. This time I did use a piece of the pricey Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Smooth Solar White cardstock. I stamped the front sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words set and cut it with the smallest of the MFT Rectangle Word Window dies. It is popped up with some foam tape. Inside sentiment, from the same stamp set, is I'm behind you 100%.

Attached Images

Sign in to view image. Not a member? Sign Up FREE

Last edited by KeyKid; 04-11-2019 at 05:17 PM..
KeyKid is online now   Reply With Quote

DSLBUG

Old 04-14-2019, 04:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Your card is stunning! I love seeing what other card makers are creating. Im fairly new to card making, so its fun for me to see/read about techniques and materials.
DSLBUG is offline   Reply With Quote