Help

Kindergarten

Sight Word Activities and Games

>

iteachk2010

Sight Word Activities and Games
Old 07-22-2019, 05:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

It's finally done so now I am able to share it.

I was motivated to create this because our kindergarten sight word lists changed for this upcoming year. As I was updating my digital files, I had an idea. Instead of having to go into each separate file to update and switch out the words, why not have one file with all the activities/games with a way to populate the words throughout the different activities and games at one time?

So I created this basic set of sight word activities and games in Google Slides, that can be used for centers or small group time. You are probably familiar with most of them.

To help my students be independent, I have a core set of activities and games they learn at the beginning of the year. (I do add themed ones throughout the year to spice it up a little, but the activities and games are similar.) So my students already know how to do them without me having to spend a lot of time introducing a new activity or game. The words or materials they are working with change. They might build with magnetic letters one time. The next time they build with Unifix letter cubes. You get the idea. Plus, when I send the activities and games home for them to do with their families, they already know how to do them.

Now, each time I get ready to introduce a new list, I just have to go to this Google Slides and replace the five words. It will populate those five words into all the activities and games. (Much easier and faster than editing individual files.) Then I will only print out the ones I need. I could even differentiate for students by creating materials with the specific words they need to review.

I kept the activities and games simple. They are not themed so they can be used at any time of the year. You could print them out on colored paper or cardstock if you want color. I locked the backgrounds, but you can add your own clip art if you want to make some of them themed. i.e. Sight Word Bump. You could drag the text boxes with the Word 1, Word 2 .. off the slides. (They are in text boxes. I just made the outlines transparent.) Next, add your clip art-like apples to cover the circles. Then drag the text boxes back on top of the apples. You can also edit some of the directions for the games.

If you want to check out the activities and games, click on this link:
Sight Word Activities and Games.

It is set to Make a Copy so you will have your own copy. Just follow the directions on the first slide to populate your five target words throughout the slides.

I hope that someone will be able to use these Google Slides and that it makes it easier to plan and prep for centers or small groups.

iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lily2teach

Thank you!!!
Old 07-22-2019, 06:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Thank you so much for sharing this!!! It is wonderful!
Lily2teach is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 07-23-2019, 11:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Oh my gosh - this is AMAZING! Thank you so much for being so generous with what you have made.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

new1stgrader

Old 07-23-2019, 01:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you so much!!
new1stgrader is offline   Reply With Quote

happykids

Old 07-23-2019, 01:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

How you figured this out is amazing to me.

You very generous in sharing your work. Thank you!

happykids is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

Old 07-23-2019, 03:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I'm glad that someone else is able to use it. I hope it makes things a little easier this year.
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

kjsmom

Thank you!
Old 07-24-2019, 05:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

This will be a great resource. Very generous!
kjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote