Help

Third Grade

Demo Lesson Help Please

>

lovemyjob7777

Demo Lesson Help Please
Old 08-01-2019, 10:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a 30 minute max writing demo lesson for 15 students going into grades 2 and 3. I have access to a smart projector and chrome books.
Ideas please.
Will these kids know how to use the chrome Books? Iím coming from pre-K.
Are smart projectors just like interactive boards?
Are they going to want to see differentiation due to 2 grade levels?
Help!

lovemyjob7777 is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 08-01-2019, 12:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Lovemyjob, I typed something out and then lost it somehow.

Smart projector is an interactive board. If you want to use it, I would consider using something like classroomscreen.com since you can look at it before and know how to use it. Get someone to bring up that website (or do it yourself).

They should be able to use the chromebooks. Do you know if they are 1 to 1 or would they be sharing?

Is this a year-round class? Curious whether it is the beginning or the end of the year for these kids?

I was trying to think what you could do. Here is a site with inference poems that you could have the students read and infer what the subject is. I have them typed up that I print out. You could have them work in small groups and circle the clues that pointed to the answer. Then I usually picked a couple to share using the website with the answers. You could adapt the lesson so they are showing you what they know (since I am guessing you don't know what they do or don't know).
http://www.angelfire.com/md/byme/gue...guesswhat.html
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

lovemyjob7777

Old 08-01-2019, 12:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Itís some summer program the district has.
I think they could have their own or share. Iím wondering how well the soon to be 2nd graders know how to use the chrome books. Iím thinking of pairing a 2nd grader with a 3rd grader so they can guide them???
I will check out the website.
TY
lovemyjob7777 is offline   Reply With Quote

gradymidget

Old 08-01-2019, 02:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I’m retired now (2 years) and so I had no lesson demo suggestion. I would however fear the lesson towards second grade level not third. If these kids are in summer school more than likely they are below grade level. Ability is probably 1/2 Level not 2/3 Level. I would choose something where you know the kids would probably be successful. So I wouldn’t pick something where you definitely know prior knowledge would be needed. Like I would not choose something like theme. And I like your idea of pairing a second grader with a third grader. Do you know how many kids will be in the class? (Just went back and saw you mentioned 15.) i am also thinking your direct instruction should be not more than 10or 15 minutes if you are going to have them use chrome books. Figure a few minutes for logging on and any glitches with the chrome books. And make it something they can easily access on the chrome books. Just a suggestion!

Personally I would forgo the chrome books and just use the interactive board. You don’t really know their ability and will have more control with the interactive board. I don’t think they are going to be looking for differentiation in a demo lesson.
gradymidget is offline   Reply With Quote