Help

Creative Outlet

Craft Show

>

Cat woman

Craft Show
Old 08-08-2019, 07:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I think my first show was fairly successful. I had a good time and the weather held out. Dark clouds formed about 45 minutes before the end so we started packing up and made it to my friendís house before the downpour. I sold over 50 items and even got an email from someone thanking me for having a bandana that fit her dog so well and asking me to make her dog some more bandanas for fall and the holidays

I learned a lot about what sells and what doesnít. Only one person was sort of rude. He asked the price of one of my items and then tossed it down and said he could 4 for $24 down the way. He left before I could suggest he buy those then instead

My friend and sister did scout out other vendors and said my prices were on par with other similar items. I do think I will do more craft shows in the future.

Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

nucleus

Old 08-08-2019, 07:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm so glad that you had a good time and sold things. It's so hard to put so much work into your craft and be at the mercy of trends and what people are willing to buy that day.
nucleus is offline   Reply With Quote

KeyKid

Craft show
Old 08-08-2019, 10:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I was thinking about you that day. You said you sold 50 items. What did that leave you with in terms of your inventory? Good idea to send out the scouts for price comparisons.
KeyKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 08-09-2019, 03:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I had about 300 things for sale. In retrospect that may have been too much! My friend had to go to her house to get a card table and even then the tables were pretty crowded. I just got carried away with making things
Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

md2dkh3

Old 08-10-2019, 09:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I've been thinking about you and your show. So glad you feel it was a positive experience. Now you are better informed on how to prepared for the next one! I'm excited to hear that you do think you will attend more in the future. Sounds like you have the inventory for it!

Congrats!

md2dkh3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Peaches Pears

Old 08-10-2019, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I am so glad your sale was a success.

Quote:
Only one person was sort of rude.
There will always be rude people. Some are intentionally rude --- it's their thing in life. Others don't mean to be rude --- they are just clueless as to the heart and soul put into each article as it is made.

Quote:
I learned a lot about what sells and what doesnít.
That's great information to have but remember each sale will have a different "personality". What sells like hot cakes in one town will sit unsold in another town.

You were wise to have such a large inventory. Now you can replenish quickly and look for the next great idea and the next sale.
It is so much easier to register for the next show knowing things are ready and packed to go.
You also have more ideas about displaying items etc. to attract people to your booth.
Peaches Pears is offline   Reply With Quote