Help

Kindergarten

Finished work

>

elmo33

Finished work
Old 08-26-2019, 03:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

When students finish work as a whole group or at centers, do you have them bring the paper to their mailbox or put it in a finished work basket before coming back to carpet?
I am thinking there will be a traffic problem at the mailboxes because my class is so big. Maybe i will have a basket for finished work and one for work they still need to finish...

elmo33 is offline   Reply With Quote

TeacherPK6

Old 08-26-2019, 03:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I use a finished work basket. A lot of their work I like to be able to at least glance over before sending it home, especially if done independently.
TeacherPK6 is offline   Reply With Quote

StellaBulldog

Old 08-26-2019, 03:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have an inbox for finished work and a still working bin. Everything goes in the inbox/still working. I personally have never been a fan of kids just putting their work in their mailboxes when finished. In my experience, they don't put in their full effort, or even really care, if they know the teacher will not be looking at it.

I used to put stickers/stamps/comments on everything. Now, I just look it over and they know I look at everything.
StellaBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote

elmo33

Thank you
Old 08-26-2019, 03:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Oh I meant I would definitely look at it while they were working and put a star or something on it before it went to the mailbox- but I am just trying to manage traffic - so I think the inbox- still working is a good idea... !
elmo33 is offline   Reply With Quote

StellaBulldog

Old 08-26-2019, 04:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

During centers, not all my students have products to turn in and they are coming from all over the classroom so traffic is never an issue then. Also, if it is a whole group/table activity students finish at different times so there is not a problem there either. If there is a time when everyone is turning something in at the same time, I call them by tables or some way to control the traffic. I also teach them, starting day one, to not push through and to line up if there is traffic when turning things in.

StellaBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 08-26-2019, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Mine put their work right into their cubbies to go home. I don't keep anything around unless I have to.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 08-26-2019, 07:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Papers are marked with a star or happy face and then put in their personal folders kept at their seats in a seat pocket. Papers sent home from the folder every Monday. Friday isn't a good day for my students to take papers home because parents tend to neglect the backpack on Fridays .
anna is online now   Reply With Quote

VivianCP

Old 09-06-2019, 06:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I have Done & Not Done trays. They use these during Centers, because I want to look at their work before it goes home, as PPs said.

Sometimes we put things in mailboxes, if it is whole group work & I was able to keep an eye on them while completing it. I will usually put a sticker on this type of thing.
VivianCP is offline   Reply With Quote