Help

ARCHIVE

Superbowl Activity

>

Socks

Superbowl Activity
Old 01-26-2009, 06:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I really need your help! On Friday we're having a Superbowl Tailgate to wish our Steelers good luck in the Superbowl. We're also doing rotating activities. My class will go to four different classes and I will have four different classes come visit me. We have to have an "educational Superbowl activity" to last for a half hour. The hard part is that I will have a group of Kindergarteners, second graders, fourth graders and seventh graders! Help! What can I do with all these groups of kids?! They are requesting we do one activity and modify for each grade level.

Any and all suggestions are welcome!!!

Thank you!

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote

hokieteach

Old 01-26-2009, 07:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Do you have a rolling laptop cart? You could write Superbowl themed stories...maybe a different prompt for each grade level. K could be as simple as I like the Steelers because... We have several programs that would allow the kids to "illustrate" on the computer. If no computers, you could do the same thing with pencil/markers. I tried really hard to think of a math activity, but that is really difficult with that wide range of kids. How are the other teachers insuring that the group is not doing the same kind of activity at all of their rotations?
hokieteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tylana

How about patterns?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Patterns can be adapted very easily. You could have K do patterns using helmets in AB, ABB, BBA, etc. Then older kids could do arithmetic patterns just putting the numbers inside helmets. For the older kids why not make a table using the four quarters in a game.

If in Quarter one they score 2 touchdowns and they do this in every quarter what will be the final score, etc.

By the way, I must take a moment and just say:

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
Tylana is offline   Reply With Quote