Help

ARCHIVE

Christmas Present Craft Ideas

>

latwin

Christmas Present Craft Ideas
Old 11-22-2008, 05:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Every year the students make a little craft for their parents to bring home as a gift for the holidays. Any new ideas? I would appreciate any suggestions of craft activities that aren't to costly and don't take days to complete. Thank you in advance!

latwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tylana

Look below
Old 11-25-2008, 06:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

There is a great post below with tons of great ideas!
Tylana is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

puzzle wreath
Old 11-25-2008, 07:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I teach 3rd and we do the puzzle wreath ornament every year. It's easy and turns out so cute! I still have my own children's from when they were this age. If you don't know how:

*Cut out "donut" shapes from card stock. Let kids glue small puzzle pieces (buy them from garage sales - who cares if they're missing pieces!) around the wreath, overlapping some. Make sure their name is on the back of the circle. Set them all on bulletin board paper and put outside - spray paint them green (you do that part!). When dry, bring back inside and let the kids "dot" their wreath with red paint (to look like berries). Let dry. Put a picture of the child on the back of the circle (so his/her face is showing through the center of the wreath). Glue a loop of yarn (as a hanger), then cover the back with a circle the size of the ornament. Let the child write his/her name and the year on the back.

It sounds complicated, but it's NOT at all.
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

candle
Old 11-25-2008, 08:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I just realized you said it shouldn't take days to complete - that above one takes 2 days.

Here's an easier one for 1 day:

If you can get your hands on glass baby food jars, let the kids tear pieces of tissue paper and glue them to the jar. Then brush the jar with more clear glue. Give each child a tea light candle and you have a pretty candle holder! My son made one in 2nd grade and we still have it! It's pretty when the candle is lit.
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote