Help

The VENT

Technology woes

>

Violets2

Technology woes
Old 03-18-2012, 05:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

All this technology in ours rooms are great until they don't work! Honestly, one lightbulb on a smartboard burns out and boy do things change. Can't use it obviously, can't use the Elmo cause that needs to be projected onto the screen. No one in the building can change the lightbulb cause it's under warranty. Who knows when it will get changed.

Good thing I kept the overhead projector. I was told to,give it up and I didn't. Oh how I wish I could just move the smartboard and use the big chalkboard behind it!

Violets2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Janylynne

I still have my overhead
Old 03-18-2012, 07:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I never had a smart board and don't feel the loss. I like the whiteboard and markers. Some teachers have document cameras, but I don't miss not having such an expensive device that I really don't need.
Janylynne is offline   Reply With Quote

beagles2

Old 03-20-2012, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I feel for you! I moved into a new classroom this year and my SmartBoard needed a new bulb and didn't get fixed until Halloween! That's right, a whole quarter with no technology! Then it went out (it was a faulty bulb) and I was without it for another 2 weeks. Now it's on the fritz again.

I really, really like my SmartBoard, but for heaven's sake, I need it to actually work! I wasn't as smart as you and I no longer have an overhead. So very frustrating!
beagles2 is offline   Reply With Quote

ladybug19

Old 04-11-2012, 01:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

It is very annoying to have wonderful tech and not be abel to use it because of minor problems. I went a semester without a projector bulb, so I couldn't use the Elmo or whiteboard.
ladybug19 is offline   Reply With Quote