If you already use task cards, I have a couple of questions - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Intermediate Grades (3-5)

If you already use task cards, I have a couple of questions

>

Hideeho

If you already use task cards, I have a couple of questions
Old 03-31-2012, 12:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm wanting to use task cards this week in centers.

1. Do you provide answer keys to the students when you use task cards in centers?

2. Do you have students write their answers on notebook paper and turn that in?

3. Do you label your task cards in any way so that you and the kids can keep track of which ones they are using and answering?

4. I do not have access to a laminating machine right now.

I thought I'd have the kids wash their hands before using and ask them to please not to mark on them, etc. Other than hoping for a miracle, do you have any suggestions on how I can take care of them until I can get them laminated?

Hideeho is offline   Reply With Quote

opal4

Old 03-31-2012, 01:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

To keep them from getting destroyed, how about going to the dollar store and buying a couple of those cheap little photo books. Mine are laminated, but that's how I keep them in the classroom.
I don't really use them for centers. I keep them for early finishers and they are mostly open-ended (working with weekly spelling words or vocab wall words) so I don't have answer keys.
Sometimes I use ones with definite answers for class games like scoot.
opal4 is offline   Reply With Quote

LindyJo

task cards
Old 03-31-2012, 01:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I put answers on the back if students will use them independently. If in groups or pairs, no key. I will have students record their answers, but do not collect them. I just want to be able to see approximately how many they are completing. I do not laminate them either. I just print on cardstock (no color) and know they'll last me a few years.
LindyJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Spunkybee2

Variety of ways
Old 04-06-2012, 09:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use task cards in a variety of ways. Sometimes I will provide students with an answer key so they can self-check during the center. Other times I will have students write down the answers to the task cards to turn in and be checked later. I print the task cards on cardstock and then I place the task cards in a sheet protector for the students to use during centers. The students can circle their answers with a dry-erase marker and erase when finished. I just rotate the task cards that I use in the sheet protectors. I do laminate the answer keys.
Spunkybee2 is offline   Reply With Quote

doc2000

Smart
Old 04-06-2012, 10:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I print them to the smartboard and use them as review at the end of a skills unit. The kids love them.

doc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

ladybug19

Task Cards
Old 04-23-2012, 11:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I use task cards in centers. It depends on the activity if they turn them in or not. I don't provide an answer key most of the time since most of mine on are not ones that have correct answers. They are either based on reading material or open ended. I print mine on card stock and I bought a scotch laminator from wal-mart and use that.
ladybug19 is offline   Reply With Quote