Help

First Grade

Valentine's day

>

mcbtcarolina

Valentine's day
Old 02-03-2013, 04:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need a valentine craft or activity for our party. We will already have our cards made. Any ideas would be great! Thanks.

mcbtcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 02-03-2013, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did an activity for my fifth graders at Halloween that they enjoyed so much they want to do it again. I cut a story into short segments, put it into a balloon, and blew the balloons up. They had to pop the balloons and put the story together, then they read it. The fun was in the popping (and putting the story together).

You could do something similar for first. Maybe do an opposite activity where they had to find the person who had a word that is the opposite. Or synonyms. Or get a piece of a puzzle and have to put it together on a table. You get the idea.

For my class I sent a list of things to put in a bag (drink, individual bag of chips, piece of candy, and a personal valentine). We put those bags under chairs and played musical chairs. We played musical chairs for a while (not putting anyone out) and finally they got the bag of treats from the chair they end up at. Then we sat, ate our treats, and read our valentines. It was absolutely low stress, took about an hour, required no parents (or extra food) and was fun. I loved watching and it didn't take much from me at all.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

stressgirl37

Valentine craft
Old 02-09-2013, 08:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I saw a cute and easy one on Pinterest that I'm going to do. On a piece of construction paper draw a heart. Students glue squares of tissue paper on it to cover it and written on the paper is I Love You to Pieces!
stressgirl37 is offline   Reply With Quote