Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Job interview

>

dav5fam

Job interview
Old 07-12-2013, 02:07 PM

Help! What type of questions can my friend expect on an interview for a teaching position? She HAS to get this job!!!

dav5fam is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs. Bee

Some ideas..
Old 07-12-2013, 02:20 PM

A friend of mine just had a couple of interviews and she was asked about PBIS, specific strategies (although she didn't remember the name), RTI, and classroom management style.
I've heard that sometimes the prospective candidate can be asked to give an example of a lesson plan for something.
Mrs. Bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Crazy3

Job Interview
Old 07-12-2013, 02:24 PM

Our interviews are pretty scripted. You are asked what 5 words describe you and how they relate to your teaching style. A 5 - 10 minute presentation is required to answer this and although you cannot use any technology, you are allowed to bring visuals and a simple hand-out. This is for contract teachers not someone wanting to be hired. I remember when I got hired (13 years ago), there was a written component as to why I felt I was a good candidate and then interviewed by 3 people who asked questions like, You are going to teach Grade 3, describe a science unit that you are going to teach, what will be your classroom management style, how do you deal with difficult children, how would you differentiate, etc. Hope this helps.
Crazy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

frecklejuice

I've always been asked to give
Old 07-12-2013, 02:52 PM

one of my strengths and one of my weaknesses.
frecklejuice is offline   Reply With Quote

goodwork

Interview
Old 07-12-2013, 03:00 PM

What would the literacy block/math block look like in your classroom?

If a parent was displeased with an interaction you had with his/her child, how would you handle the situation?

Tell about a time you attended optional professional development. How did you incorporate this into your practice? What else did you do with the knowledge you gained from this session?

Tell about a time when a lesson you had planned did not go the way you had hoped. What did you do to fix the situation and what did you learn from this experience?

You have a student who is continually disrupting class. Sometimes itís just her, other times, she involves other students in the disruption. What do you do? If that doesnít work?

What experiences have you had with project and inquiry based learning?

What will you do to prepare students to be successful in a 21st century world?

goodwork is online now   Reply With Quote

lil_bit

Interview
Old 07-12-2013, 03:06 PM

I 've had two interviews this past week. Here are some questions:

Tell me about yourself (not really a question, but good to have something ready to say)
What is your classroom management style?
How do you incorporate technology in the classroom?
What programs have you used in math/reading?
How do you take directives? (who's going to say badly? I hate following directions? )

I also asked several questions (many I found on here!) and got great reposes! My two favorite were:

Can you describe your administrative style?
Based on my resume and our conversation, is there any reason why you wouldn't hire me?

I have to say the last question almost made me laugh because it threw the assistant principal off. It took her 30 seconds to answer!
lil_bit is offline   Reply With Quote

basketball777

Old 07-12-2013, 03:14 PM

My recent interview: how do u meet
Needs of ELL and special needs, what project based learning project have u done, describe a positive communication that resulted in a interaction w a parent, describe a time you went to the principal w a request, describe something about ur teaching not on the resume, tell about first wanting to be a teacher, what classroom management system do you use and what rewards/consequences do you use, why do u want to teach here, describe a time your classroom management was at fault and students started misbehaving... I felt like they were random questions they picked!
I thought some were a lil ridiculous also I made up a couple answers!!(they said tell about a time in ur teaching when and it was hard to think of anything)
basketball777 is offline   Reply With Quote