Help

The Job Search

Applying after Staying @ Home 2yrs

>

hopeful10

Applying after Staying @ Home 2yrs
Old 06-07-2015, 06:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been a stay at home mom for the past 2 years and am now in a position where I have to consider going back to work. I'm a bit rusty since I haven't filled out applications in 2 years. I would love it if you could proof read my answer for me and make any suggestions. Thank you so much.

The question is:
2. How would you address a wide range of skills and abilities in your classroom?

My answer:
I would differentiate instruction in order to address a wide range of skills and abilities in my classroom. Content, processes, product, and learning environment are all things I will differentiate to better meet the needs of each individual student. I will also use technology to aide in differentiating instruction by using learning programs and educational videos and having different activities for each. I will use higher level questioning associated with Bloom's taxonomy. I will vary my teaching style to address multiple learning styles and Gardener's Multiple Intelligences. I will use the multiple Kagan Structures such as Rally Robin, Timed Pair Share, Round Robin, Rally Coach, and Stand Up, Hand up, Pair Up.

hopeful10 is offline   Reply With Quote

SwissTeacher2

Excellent!
Old 06-07-2015, 06:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Just a few things I would change...these are just nit-picky things as I feel your response is great as is.

I would differentiate instruction in order to address a wide range of skills and abilities in my classroom. Content, processes, product, and learning environment are all things I will differentiate to better meet the needs of each individual student. In addition to differentiating my instruction, I will implement various types of technology, such as learning programs and educational videos, to supplement my instruction. (there were too many ands and I think it's good to use synonyms for differentiate) I will use higher level questioning associated with Bloom's taxonomy (from what I've seen Webb's DOK is more used now). I will vary my teaching style to address multiple learning styles and Gardener's Multiple Intelligences. I will use the multiple Kagan Structures such as Rally Robin, Timed Pair Share, Round Robin, Rally Coach, and Stand Up, Hand up, Pair Up.

The last few sentences all start with "I will"... how can you either combine those sentences or change one or two of the beginnings?
SwissTeacher2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Betty4567

Old 06-07-2015, 06:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hello,

I really like that you gave specific examples of styles and structures that you would use in the classroom.

Maybe, tie the special population group to the strategy.
For example, "I would use the computer program, SuccessMaker with my ESL students or I would use Bloom's taxonomy questioning stems with my GT students."

Good Luck
Betty4567 is offline   Reply With Quote

hopeful10

Specific Examples
Old 06-07-2015, 07:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

@SwissTeacher2 Do you think I need to include specific examples of time I've used these strategies? To be honest I did some research to formulate my answer and picked the things I think would work and be really great and some of the things's I've already done. Thank you so much.
hopeful10 is offline   Reply With Quote

doingitall

Idea
Old 06-07-2015, 09:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

When I sat in on interviews my principal was big on technology use especially those who were coming back into the classroom. Make sure you can give "tech savvy "ideas also. She wanted to make sure they could do lessons with a smart board and incorporate technology into their lessons.

doingitall is offline   Reply With Quote