Help

Second Grade

Disruptive behavior

>

Murmur

Disruptive behavior
Old 01-24-2013, 08:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a boy in my class who cannot sit still. He shouts out, laughs out loud sometimes for no reason, blurts out answers, finishes work quickly and mostly inaccurate so he can get up from his chair to go to the class library,ask to get a drink or bathroom. He just cannot sit in his chair for more than 15 to 20 min periods. This behavior has escalated since first grade. His parents are aware of his behavior and have asked ME to contact his doctor? I think the doc should be sending me paperwork to complete, etc. I teach in a private school. I really would like to video tape him and show the parents how disruptive he really is. It is now to the point he spends most of the day in the VP office just so I can teach! I am exhausted by his behavior by the end of the day. Any suggestions....I am meeting with the parents again next week.

Murmur is offline   Reply With Quote

catapult

Old 01-24-2013, 09:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You say the parents are aware- and thats great! since that is the first step to solving the problem- as they are aware and wont make it difficult for you... the child is prob ADHD and should take meds for it... throughout my teaching years- plenty of times i had to carefully broach the topic of meds with parents.. they were all angry... upset... confused... when i mentioned it, but most took the advice an then thanked me for getting their child back to being able to behave decently... if you have these issues in school, Im sure the mom goes crazy at home trying to deal with him... Best of Luck!
catapult is offline   Reply With Quote